The millions of Baptists share in the world share with other Christians the Great
Doctrines of the Church
- Belief in the Triune GOD, THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY GHOST
- The Redemptive Ministry of JESUS CHRIST
- The believer’s Resurrection made possible by the LORD JESUS CHRIST Victory on the CROSS
In addition to these GREAT TRUTHS, Baptist stress the following Beliefs:
- The Lordship of JESUS CHRIST – HE is the only mediator between GOD and man. HE IS THE LIVING LORD OF THE BIBLE AND THE LIVING LORD OF TODAY. HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH.
- The Supremacy of the Scriptures – The Bible, which can be read and understood by all believers, is our final authority and conduct.
- The Priesthood of Believers – Every person can approach GOD directly through JESUS THE CHRIST without the aid of human priests. Each believer should be a witness to others.
- Believers Baptism – Baptism should be administered only to Believers and followers of JESUS CHRIST, and the mode is IMMERSION as taught in the New Testament.
- Regenerated Church Membership – Church membership is only for baptized believers who bear witness to NEW LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST.
- Separation of Church and State – The state should protect all religious groups and favor none.
- Religious Freedom – Every person is responsible to GOD for his religious beliefs and practices. A person is therefore should have right to worship GOD as their own convictions and conscience dictate.
- The Autonomy of the Local Church – Each local Church is self-governing choosing its own pastor and managing its own relationships.
- The Evangelization of the World – Baptist take seriously the GREAT COMMISSION of JESUS CHRIST. Therefore, they endeavor to win people to JESUS CHRIST at home and abroad.